Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A sPeCiAL GiFT.....

Man, I have been having a heck of a time with trying to make a post. This is my 4th or 5th attempt. I have lots of pics to share, but can't seem to get them to load. I will have to play around with it....
A week or so ago, my Mom and Dad came over for a visit and brought me this WONDERFUL Cookie Jar. (Aunt Jemima, I believe) It was my Ma Patton's. I can hardly believe that Dad was willing to part with it. It is in excellent condition and it has McCoy on the bottom, so I'm assuming it was made by them.
I remember up until my grandmother passed away, it was right there on her kitchen counter filled with cookies. For some reason, I want to remember OREOS in there???
Can you imagine the stories this lady could tell? The children growing up, the grandchildren and even great-grandchildren had cookies out of it...................
I'm just so pleased that Daddy gave it to me and even helped me find a spot for it on top of my cabinets. Actually next to a birdhouse that my Pa Patton made years and years ago. He passed away in 1978, and it had been in my Mom and Dads back yard for years.
I was down there one day and they said I could have it. They had bought bigger ones. It found a home on top of my cabinets along with other keepsakes.
Well, I finally got this to work, so I'm gonna leave it at that. Be back soon....
Shari

5 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Wow, I haven't seen one of those in a long time, they sure are worth money! It looks so nice next to the old birdhouse:)
Rondell

cwa said...

Hello. I think your cookie jar is wonderful. You are so lucky to have inherited a piece that carries so many sweet memories with it. Blessings to you.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

that is one cool cookie jar..:)

Crocketts Country Store said...

How Lucky can you be??? your dad knew you would treasure it along with all that stuff in your attic!!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just saw one of those cookie jars at an antique store for $250! I know you are happy to have it! What a treasure!