Thursday, December 31, 2009

A few hours left to go..........

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


There's only a few hours left in 2009.... Bill and I are spending a quiet night just the two of us or rather just the four of us. As I am beginning to prepare dinner for us, the brothers are both napping. Jackson is beside  Bill on the sofa and Jake is in my favorite wing chair. They are pooped! They played hard this afternoon.






As I am thawing shrimp for dinner, I have a few minutes to ponder about the new year....Did y'all remember that we are starting a new decade?? Today, I played catch up on reading some of my favorite blogs....I have read some wonderful thoughts about resolutions and expectations for the new year. There's so much that we all can look forward to. Hopefully, we can all look back in a few months and be pleased that we are fulfilling our plans and dreams for 2010.

I also want to share one of my favorite gifts for Christmas this year, (not counting the kittys). I think Bill did a fabulous job of choosing something for me. I never really gave him a list or anything, but I had commented that I really liked the idea of this bench. I had one years ago when we lived in Chicago, but when we moved to Greensboro in 1991, I sold most of my beloved handmade prims. Our house  just wasn't suited for them. It was a 3 story Traditional Colonial that was way too prissy! So, I parted with a lot my special pieces. One that I always have regretted was a bench similiar to this. It was made from old barnwood as well, but not painted like this one.


Don't you love the way it is assembled? No nails, no glue, no tools, just four wood wedges! I think this is the coolest idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, let's move on to
WEB SITE NEWS!
From now through January 5th, 2010, I am offering 20% off your entire order!
Simply type in
20
in the voucher code section at checkout!
(Sorry, doesn't apply to previous orders or shipping charges.)

If you're like me, after I take down my Christmas decorations, I always feel my house needs a little something...so now is the time to shop for yourself!! 
I look forward to hearing from you all! I will have pics tomorrow of my January Giveaway! Yipee! I'm still working on my Christmas 2009 Picture Trail. I'll try to have it ready tomorrow or the next day!

Enjoy New Year's Eve and Be Safe!!
Hugs and Blessings,
Shari

2 comments:

PrimWyoGirl said...

What a great bench Shari! And to think your DH made it for you! Still love those kitties! Bet they are really glad to have such a nice home! I bet it made their new year!
Jayne

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I have a bench like that too only mines black, I call it a crock bench, I love how it's put together too! I bet the brothers are so enjoying their new home!
Rondell