Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday afternoon...

What an amazing response!! I can hardly believe all the comments and emails that I received about Retha. The folks in blogland have got to be the best of the best out there! Whether you knew her not, you cared enough to send thoughts and prayers. Thank you all for that.....

As I have been trying to keep myself busy these days, I have been cleaning out a few drawers and cupboards. Nevermind that it really needed to be done...I was making sure that I hadn't stashed receipts and anything else that I might need for my dreaded taxes. (Yes, I am still working on them...promised myself that I would a bit every day until I'm finished)  But, anyway it's amazing what you can find.

Have I ever mentioned that Deb and I used to do home parties with our handmade goodies??? That's a story for another day. But, anyway one of our bestest and dearest customers was a gal named Gail. She was an absolute hoot and almost addicted to our prim wares! She loved everything! We were there one Fall, Saturday afternoon doing a party and her house smelled so warm and cozy, you didn't want to leave.( Long story short, I found this recipe tucked in a drawer from all those years ago.) This is what she was cookin'.....

FRESH POTPOURRI
2 oranges, cut into slices
2 lemons, cut into slices
2 tsp. cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
3 bay leaves

Combine in crock pot with water and simmer.

SMELLS WONDERFUL!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I just got around to changing this week's web site special. I had two special items last week and thought I would try it again. So many folks liked having a choice and I have several new customers because it.

First is:

Folk Art Flowers
Only $1.00 EACH
You can find them here:


And the Second:


Bluebird Pin Cushion
Only $5.99 EA.
You can find it here:

I'm sure both of these will go fast... if you haven't bought from me before, this would be an excellent time to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget there's still time to enter this months giveaway!
I still have a few things left to do this afternoon, so I'm outta here for now.

Thank you all again and Hugs and Hugs and more Hugs to all!

Shari

6 comments:

The Carolina Peddler said...

I loved it when we did our "traveling craft show", it was soo much fun. Gail was something else. Oh heck all those girls were fun. Once the first party was over the girls were trying to decide who and when the next party happening. We sure did meet alot of people.
Thanks for the giggles!
Deb

~Judy~ said...

I copied down the potpourri recipe. Thanks! I will be ordering a couple of the bird pincushions.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

What a great recipe for potpourri. I am definitely going to use that one!
★Linda

angiesraggedypatch said...

Just love your flowers...
hugs~
angie

CQMadhatter said...

I just had to giggle...I have the same singer sewing machine base and
my cupboard is exactly the same. It was so good to have met you at Walmart yesterday...saintsalive@triad.rr.com

CQMadhatter said...

I just had to giggle...I have the same singer sewing machine base and
my cupboard is exactly the same. It was so good to have met you at Walmart yesterday...saintsalive@triad.rr.com