Sunday, January 18, 2009

Web Site Winners Update

One of the web site winners back in October chose these for her gift certificate.....

Patricia Potter was VERY busy at the time with Christmas orders, so we decided to wait until her schedule wasn't so hectic. She recently picked these and I'm posting the pic for all to see.


I sincerely hope she enjoys her selections. The Simply Blessed sign is one of my personal favorites.

The winner for December has finally contacted me....her name is Ashley Weber from San Antonio, TX . She is trying to decide what to choose for her gift. I'll post it here when she makes her selection. There's still plenty of time to enter for January!! Just email me:



and put January contest in subject line. That's all there is to it. No purchase necessary!

It was much nicer in K-ville today, not nearly as cold as the past few days. Thank goodness! We're just not used to such cold temperatures. Personally, I just about freeze anyway and the last few days have been miserable for me. I have bundled up like an eskimo!! LOL!!

I wanted to show you guys the needle punch that I learned how to do. It's kinda hard to see the detail, due to the small size. The design area is only about 1 3/4 x 1.5 inches. I designed it myself after my large sheep pillow. This one is on Weaver's Cloth and believe me...this is the only fabric I will attempt this technique on. The trick is keeping your fabric tight in the hoops and not letting it become loose from the punching. In the beginning, this was the hardest part for me. I was trying to use the same hoops as I have for embroidery (the spring tension kind), but they didn't work at all. And then I tried using some (very expensive ones with a separate stand) designed for needle punch and I couldn't use those either. Finally, I tried the cheapie wood ones with the screw and they did ok. After much frustration, I found plastic ones at Michael's with a screw for tightning. Low and behold, just what I needed! After finding the hoops that held the fabric in place, I didn't have any problems doing the needle punch at all. There's more designs in the works and I'll let y'all know when I have more finished. (If you're interested, you can do a search on line and come up with all kinds of instructions.)

(The fabric looks blue, but isn't.)

I'm think about putting it in this little burgandy frame? Anybody have any thoughts on this???

Please don't be shy...feel free to leave a comment! I welcome your imput!

That's enough rambling for today! Take care. Until next time.

Hugs,

Shari

1 comment:

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Hi Shari!
Just came across your blog! I live in NC too and have a primitive shop in Marshville NC....home of Randy Travis! I thought your punch needle turned out really good. I am going to try my hand at that this year for sure.
Stay Warm,
Beth