Sunday, August 17, 2008

PEACH COBBLER

This is an old timey recipe that I have had for years and years, but haven't made it for years & years. I'm sure some of you guys have made it, but if you haven't you really should try it. It's very simple & most folks have the ingredients in their pantry. (Unfortunately, I'm not one of the most, he he!)

Set your oven to 350 degrees.



Start with fresh peaches ( or your favorite fruit~ strawberries, blackberries or whatever)






Melt one stick butter or margarine in your baking dish.

















Slice peaches and sprinkle with a 3/4 cup sugar. Ya need about 3 cups.



Combine with melted butter~
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup self rising flour
3/4 cup milk










I mix lightly with a wisk.
Then pour your prepared fruit on top. DO NOT STIR!









Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes for peaches ~a little less time for strawberries.










READY TO EAT!!!
Hubby loves it with ice cream on top!! Yummy!!

1 comment:

angiesraggedypatch said...

MMMMMMM!Thanks for sharing this! I have a little peach tree outside, jsut waiting for me to pick some of her peaches and do something with them!
This'll be perfect!!!!!
hugs~
angie
come by my blog sometime!
http://angiesraggedypatch.blogspot.com