Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday morning...

As I woke up bright and early this morning, I realized it's only 40 days until Christmas. I have started my shopping, but not my decorating. When I was a little girl, my Mom wouldn't have thought about decorating this soon for the Holiday...I find it strange that the big retailers have dictated to us that we have to hurry the Holiday in. I know it's sounds strange to some folks, but it seemed to be a whole lot more special when we didn't spend 2+ monthes seeing it everywhere! Just my two cents.....

Anyway, on to my fun finds...I was in JoAnn Fabrics a couple of weeks ago and found all these buttons for my jars. They're not old of course, but they are so colorful! And right around two dollars, the price was right!

The same day in an old junk store, I found the most interesting bag of spools...they're not old either, but they are kinda neat. I've never seen the little short ones or the taller ones. Not sure what I'm going to with them, mut I'll have them if anything comes up that needs a spool.
 
 
A few days later I ran across this set of bowls in my favorite Antique store and they just had to come home with me.  
 
I think I'll make a tray/box like this one for them to rest in.
 

Should I paint the bowls or not?? Haven't decided yet.
 
One more little thing and then I have to get to work....
A special order for a customer...I designed it especially for her. She hasn't gotten it yet and I'm a bit nervous over it. It's grungier than it looks and a bit far-fetched for my taste. She has extreme prim decor!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate your time!
Hugs and Blessings until next time!
Shari
 

No comments: