Monday, December 22, 2008

Tired of Ham & Turkey???????

It's only a few more days till Christmas and I am spending today doing a little bit of shopping (grocery and gift), baking a little, craftin' a little (one gift left to finish) and restin' a little (been really unusually tired these past few days)! LOL!! Another Doctor's appointment tomorrow, if I don't change my mind.....

I ran across this recipe the other day and thought I would share....it's very easy and very tasty after eating ham and turkey for days as we do in NC. I have made this off and on for years just to have a change. It's a little different than just regular spagetti. My kids used to love it on the 26th or 27th of Dec. A bag of salad greens and garlic toast and you have your meal.

Skillet Spagetti
serves 6
1 lb. ground beef ( I use ground chuck )
3/4 cup chopped onions
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon shortening ( I use vegetable oil )
Salt
4 Cups water
1/2 pound spagetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
1 16 oz. can tomatoes, cut into bite size pieces ( or I buy the diced kind )
3/4 cup ketchup ( I use Heinz )
Parmesean cheese

Brown first 4 ingredients in shortening. Sprinkle with salt; stir in water. Bring mixture to a boil, add spagetti. Cook, uncovered 12-15 minutes or until spagetti is tender. Stir in tomatoes and ketchup, simmer about 10 minutes to blend flavors. Serve with parmesean cheese.

Hope you try this!

Until next time.

Hugs,
Shari

1 comment:

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Shari, this recipe sounds wonderful....I so agree with the Turkey and Ham thing! And so what did I buy for Christmas....A HAM! lol
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Karen