Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday evening....

I am back again and it's only been a few days.....we had a drippy, droopy Thursday in K-ville. I had a few errands to run and couldn't wait to get back home to sew. Did I mention that I had to buy a new sewing machine the other day? The bobbin casing on my machine got loose and sounded awful. The repairman said it would take up to 10 days to do the repairs...there is no way I could go that long without sewing, so I bought a Brother quilting machine at all places WALMART!! In all my years, I have never gone to Walmart to buy a machine, but I thought it would do in a pinch and be a back-up for me. Well, I gotta tell you...I love this little machine! It has some of neatest features and sooo many fun stitches. (Lots of stiches that my expensive machine doesn't have.) Needless to say, in between orders, I have been playing around with it, trying to figure out things that I can make and use all those nifty stitches. Right now, I'm learning how to quilt using a stipple stitch, Fun, Fun!! But, now on to what I have been doing for real..........

Here's a bit of what I have been working on lately.


Checkerboard and one of a kind cat make-do is going to the Marketplace Booth....


Who remembers these from years ago??? Be careful you might show your age. LOL!! I have made more than 50 of these in the last several weeks. Too funny! But they are kinda cute on jars....


I love how this turned out. Combined two different stencils....
and the color is wonderful...so rich.

Getting ready to post these on my web site:


Painted cardinal ornaments...would love to do a whole tree in them.

I had a few more pics to share, but blogger ate them! I'll be back soon with pictures from the Marketplace Booth, going over there in the next few days.

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.
Hugs,
Shari

1 comment:

Firecracker Kid said...

Cool, a new sewing machine. Something I desperately need. I love those jar toppers. They look like tiny night caps from the olde days.
xoxo~Carol