Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday evening...

As I am sitting here, making my to-do list for Tuesday, I realize that Bill will be going back to work after being home for 10 days. Six of those days were vacation....for him, not for me. Love him to death, but it's really hard for me to take off as much as he does. So I have gotten to the point that I work around him. Although this week, he has worked almost non-stop on the computers. Finally, everything is put back where it belongs and I am trying to figure all this out. 
Tomorrow will be a busy day for me filled with cutting out wood, sanding and painting. Plus I'll be sewing a few dolls, patchwork runners, pillows and more. Orders will have to be dropped off at the post office and UPS. (I usually don't ship anything that will have to sit through a holiday at the post office or terminal).



~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to show y'all the crosstitch piece that I started and FINISHED in one day. I love how it turned out!! Let me tell ya, I think I have forgotten more than I thought I had. It's been at 25 years since I have stitched like this. I actually enjoyed doing it, and  couldn't seem to put it down. I finally went to bed about 1:45 this morning.

Before anyone can say this....I know I cut the fabric almost too small.  I am going to make it into a pinkeep and if I have to, I'll add some strips of fabric around the edges before I sew it together. Don't you love the colors???? I think it'll be even better after it's tea-dyed..... Just didn't have time to work on it today. Should I put my initials like we did back in the olden days?

~~~~~~~~~~

This was the Fall item for today:

Loved how this turned out as well.

Grungy Pantry Towel with Handstitched Pumpkin
I love the center loop for hanging......

~~~~~~~~~~

And in closing....I thought y'all might want to see how these bonnets look hanging on a peg....This is a shelf in my hallway and it's hard to get a picture, but I think you can get the jest of it. I love, love, love it! When I get a chance, I'm making ME a batch of them! All different colors, fabrics and sizes!

Gonna run for now.
Be back soon.
Shari

4 comments:

Terri at Finder's Keeper's said...

Love the cross stitch and please put your initials on it. Any collector would want them there and it adds to the history and value.

Terri

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Yes, definitely add your initials. Such a sweet little piece. Artists always sign their work! When I did samplers (I,too,haven't CS'd in 21years) I put a little piece of paper on the back of the paper that sealed the back of the frame with the "history", my name, where I was living at the time, the year,so that when my daughter and future grandchildren look back, they'll know exactly what was what!
Best Regards,
Susan

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Shari,

My bonnet came and I love it!! Love that fabric! I hung it in it's intended spot and I hope to tweak that spot and take some pics to post soon. And thank you for the sweet heart as well. That was so thoughful of you!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Hi Shari, I just found your blog and selling blog and I really love both of them. You are very talented!!!!!

I would LOVE to be entered in your giveaway, that is a wonderful giveaway for sure!

I put you under my favorites and I hope you can come by and visit my blog, I also joined your blog!!!!

Have a great week.

Blessings,
Tricia