Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cold and rainy Saturday.........

How's everyone today? Well, I do believe it has turned back to Winter. It has been a very gray day here. Cloudy and rainy from morning to night. The kind of day you want to stay inside and read a book, have a cup of tea and just relax. We had planned to be outside, but ended up inside when we were here. We started out being a bit lazy...there was another one of those wee hour thunderstorms that wakes me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. So, after roaming around the house at 2 am, I ended up staying in bed until after 7. Believe me, I hardly ever do that.
Later in the morning, we decided to go on a hunt for mantles for our outside gaslight. After going to several local stores, we decided to go to Winston Salem to look. (There seemed to be a lot of folks out shopping today, even with gas prices nearing $3.80 a gallon.) We found them at an outdoor garden type store. Only $13.00 for the two we needed. Hubby got them installed, but couldn't get the gas turned back on. I'll call the gas company on  Monday...
I did a bit of crafting today, but not really what I wanted to do. There are times when I seem to have a lot of projects started and I have to take a day (or at least a block of time) and finish up a few. I worked on a few new patterns as well......
While I'm thinking of it.....I had a conversation with a friend of mine the other day and she seems to feel the majority of folks don't really care about the quality of the crafts they purchase. They care more about quantity than quality. I honestly think that most of my customers really look for and appreciate the quality of goods they get from me. What do you guys think??? Have an opinion one way or the other? I would really like to hear what y'all think.
Not really any pictures to share, but I'll be back tomorrow with a new web site special and more.......
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
Until tomorrow....
Shari

1 comment:

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I really like those lazy days at first... then I start to feel really lazy so I have to get up and get things done, lol. Glad you found the mantles you were looking for.