Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday evening....

Hey guys! I've been reading about how folks are getting their gardens ready to plant...well, I guess you could say that about Hubby and me. We decided that we were going to try a raised garden this year. Mind you, neither one of us really knows what we're doing, but oh well, we'll learn as we go. I have already learned that treated lumber is perfectly safe to use...you don't have to worry about contamination and hopefully it will last for years to come. I have also learned that bags of dirt are heavy and expensive! We have bought about 12 bags so far to the tune of about $80 plus dollars. I'm sure you're asking why we didn't buy a load and have it delivered??? Well, we thought of that, but there is not enough space to dump it where we need it, so we thought this would be easier for us. Lesson number three...do not try to pick up bags of dirt if you have a bad back. In fact, stay as far away from it as you can. Okay, enough of the garden...on to what I have been working on.
~~~~~~~~~~

This is one of my (most) favorite things in a while....I have been wanting to do this for a long, long time and couldn't seem to find a pattern to suit me, so I sat down with the kitties the other day and fiddled around with it, until I got the look I wanted.
His name is Raeford Johnson and his arms and legs are jointed. He's got sooo much personality and can be found here:


 I would love to offer him as a pattern, but still haven't had a chance to figure all that out.
Maybe in the next few weeks.....
~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a new sign that I finished up and added to my web site this evening.......

Perfect for anyone living in the South or from the South!!

You can find it here:


~~~~~~~~~
You all are not going to believe this, but I haven't finished my taxes yet...I almost have all the numbers ready and hopefully by tomorrow Hubby can do his part! Every year, I say that I will never do this again, but guess what??? It just kinda sneaks up on me. Not sure if it even matters if the government shuts down tomorrow. 

If you haven't been by my web site lately, stop by soon. Lots of new goodies to see!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I would love to hear from you all.
Until next time.
Hugs and Blessings,
Shari

3 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Love your bear! It's going to be some time yet before we can garden - still too wet out...Spring is taking a long time coming here in the Northeast. I want to put in a big raised bed this year too.

LibbiesHome said...

Raeford Johnson is wonderful!! I love the bow - it gives an air of dignity or something. :) Good luck with the dreaded taxes. :O

Unknown said...

Love your bear also, very cute!!