Wednesday, April 8, 2009

TrAsH to TrEaSuRe....

Can y'all believe that Wednesday is almost over already??? We have had such a busy week so far. Bill was home all day Monday with me. And yesterday he was scheduled for a couple of tests. We ended up spending hours and hours at the Drs. office . I told him tonight that I think it was a lot harder for me yesterday, cause I was the one waitin around. He was in la la land, so he didn't really care one way or the other. He was fine today and went back to as normal.....(We still don't know what is wrong with him, but he is at least NOT having the pain in his side).
One good thing I did yesterday was read my last three issues of Country Sampler! I never seen to have the time to do much more than look at the pictures, but I actually read the articles that I was interested in. I loved the ones about my friend Karen of KM Primitives and Linda from my Behind My Red Door. They both had so many ideas that my brain has been in a tizzy all day trying to come up with some new ideas for my home.
One of the things that I have been working on is this little table that I found a couple of years ago for $7.50. It has sat in my garage unpainted and unloved for way too long! Finally, I got it antiqued today! One day last week I put the first coat of paint on and wasn't REAL thrilled with it. Then I got busy and forgot about it. One evening I went out to the garage to cut wood and worked on it a little more. It started growing on me...LOL! And today I love it!! It really turned out better than I thought it was going to. I was originally going to paint it black, but the little knobs are black and I didn't want to replace them. Sooo, I decided on this mustardy/goldy color.

This was started last spring....

First coat of paint last week.....

Finally finished today!!!

I still have lots to do this evening, so I'm gonna run for now.....

Until then.

Hugs and Blessings,

Shari

6 comments:

Mad Red Hare said...

Oh my goodness. That is one adorable table. I would love to have one like that. And what a bargain $7.50. I never get that lucky. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a great price for the table. Great redo! Love the way the table turned out...I really like the color of it.
Cindy

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Great bargain on the table! Turned out super!
Have a great day!
Beth

At Home With Amy said...

However did you let this gem sit so long!! What a beautiful piece. I love the color. Sure wish I could find something like this at the steal you got it for.

Have a Blessed Easter
~AMY~

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a great piece! I love mustard and it came out great. Worth way more the $7.50 bargain you got it for.

Thanks for the sweet mention!

Have a happy and blessed Easter! hugs, Linda

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Shari, I love the adorable table and only $7.50??? Great deal. And it turned out so beautiful...where is it going???
Hey, thank so much for mentioning the CS article...big hugs.
Karen