Saturday, May 16, 2009

KinDa LAzY SaTuRdAY....

Everyday this past week was so busy for me that I decided to do as little as possible today. I didn't even want to go out to breakfast. Stayed in my jammies until 9:00, made some sausage and eggs and proceeded to find something to watch on TV. BIG shocker!! Nothing and I do mean nothing on TV to spark my interest. So I decided to think about making a pork roast in my crock pot. I have been wanting to make BAR-B-Q for a long time and today was the day. I must say it turned out pretty fabulous!! But, we have enough to feed a small army! LOL! Maybe I can freeze some of it.
Okay on to better things.......

This is a set of crocks that I bought from a street vendor last weekend....Not sure exactly where they will end up, but they are very nice quality and will be great to add to my collection.......

Also, found this jug in Pilot Mountain last weekend too. It is much larger than it looks in the picture. Found a matching vase too. I'm thinking they might be nice in my bedroom...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another one of my tweaking days resulted in this.......re-did this wall last week. I added some samplers and I made the checkerboard to fit the space. I am REALLY happy with the way it looks now. It has been hard to get the desired look with the cathedral ceiling, but everyone has commented how much they like it this way. I also took down my quilt from the rack and added a couple new things, including the runner from Crockett's Store.

I made a new round table "topper" from patchwork and new pillows for my wing back chairs....very pleased with that look as well. As soon as I can decide on some fabric, I'm covering my lampshades. I covered one in my dining room and I still like it so that's a plus.

Next, we have my fireplace...I have been racking my brain for something a little different for the Spring/Summer. Decided that I really like the greenery in my wire basket. I think I will re-paint my kneeling bench tho, in a burgandy or mustard color. It doesn't show up as well as I would like for it to.

Finally got my lids made for the crocks that I want to use for trash and recycling in my kitchen. It has been weeks since I bought the crocks, but I haven't had a chance to look for wood. I ended up buying 2 pieces of 24 x 24 oak something or another. It was really easy to cut and they turned out SOOOO nice, but I didn't get them painted yet.....maybe tomorrow!

I have sat here way longer than I intended to...more pictures to follow in the coming days.

So until next time.

Hugs,

Shari

2 comments:

Sherie said...

Shari, what great finds to got last weekend. Love the tweaking of the shelf, it came out great. Can't wait to see more. Have a Great Sunday. Sherie

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I would find decorating a vaulted ceiling wall a challenge as well and I think you did a great job. Doesn't it feel good when it comes out right?

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

hugs, Linda