Sunday, May 24, 2009

SuNDAy EveNiNG...

Well folks, "Handmadens" has officially CLOSED our booth at the Antique Marketplace in Greensboro! Retha and I went this afternoon and picked up the last of our "stuff" and the rest of the displays. What a job, not near as much fun as when we were taking it in and setting it up. It was pouring down rain and that just made it worse....I am still having a lot of mixed emotions about it. They were so busy today that we could hardly get up and down the aisles. I just have to wonder if we could have waited a couple more months, maybe it really would have made a difference. I know in my head that people came there looking for Antiques and it was probably just a fluke that we sold anything at all, but still............I put my heart in to it and it's sad for me.
On a happier note, I have lots and lots of goodies to take to Walnut Cove AND to put on my web site at bargain prices!! Check it often as some things are selling almost as soon as I get them on there..........
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Hugs,
Shari

5 comments:

Sherie said...

Shari, so sad to hear of the closing at the Marketplace. It's kinda bittersweet, as one door closes and another opens somewhere. Glad to hear that the website is going so well. Hey, there's the "door." Have a GREAT day tomorrow....Sherie

Diane B said...

Shari I'm sorry it didn't work out there for ya..I really think that when the economy gets better so will our sales.. you just gotta hang in there if you can..Hugs

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Shari - I'm sad you had to close your shop but look at it as another door opening...
Karen

Birgit said...

I'm so sad to hear that things didn't work out as well as you'd hoped they would in the antique shop. I'm in the same type of shop with some of my things and am hoping to see an increase with the summer months coming upon us. It's a hard time for us small business owners.
Hugs & blessings to you ~ Birgit

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.