Friday, May 8, 2009

Soooo MuCH To SHaRE...

~Thursday was my day out this week~
And what a wonderful day it was!!
Deb, Retha and I went on a road trip to Fancy Gap to visit Betty and Dan from Crockett's Country Store. It was a fabulous trip ( at least, I thought so)! It was the perfect day to be in the mountains.
On the way up........

Looked like a picture...



After what seemed like a SHORT ride to me, we arrived at (the new) Crockett's Country Store..........

Outside .....



Inside, beautiful furniture groupings.....

Lots to choose from...

Love this handmade bed....
After much looking...............these came home to K-ville with me......


Fabulous sifter thingys....reproductions, but wonderful anyway. Just not sure where they are going in my house.....

I have been looking all over for a jug lamp. This one is perfect for my hallway with the golden mustard, homespun shade. The black and mustard runner has already found a home on my quilt rack. I'll show more pics soon as I have changed a few things again..........

If you are ever in the area........YOU must visit Betty and Dan! They've only been open a few days and their store is full of primitives, antiques and sooo much more!!! I don't think you will be disappointed!!

Before we left Fancy Gap, we had lunch at the Deli across from the store. I had a wonderful homemade tomato and spinach Quiche. On the way home, we stopped at one of Retha's favorite antique stores. It was one of the most interesting places I have ever shopped at! I found a few things to bring home with me that I will share later. And lastly, we stopped at one of Deb's favorite Fruit/ Flower Markets on the VA~NC state line. They had a huge selection of fruits and all kinds of flowers and hanging baskets and tons and tons of candy, including what used to be penny candy. I think we all were pleased and had fun with our adventure!! Needless to say, we were all pooped when we arrived back in Kernersville and I can't wait to go back!!!

Hugs,

Shari

7 comments:

Sherie said...

Shari, I can't wait to go see the new Crockett's store. I was just talking about going to what I thought was their store in Wytheville. We have our camper parked less than a half a mile from their store up in Fancy Gap. When I read Retha blog about going to their store in Fancy Gap,I thought where could that be. Now I know. Thanks for sharing your road trip. I am now on a mission to get up there and see all the goodies. Have a good weekend. Sherie

Shari said...

Sherie, they have closed the store in Wytheville, so make sure you get to the one in Fancy Gap. It's right there at the Blue Ridge Parkway, I think.....it is worth the trip there.
While we were at the Antique place, we saw Linda's daughter in law buying old suitcases...pretty small world, huh??? I'm taking my sister to your old store tomorrow. Haven't been in a while and need to see what's new up there.
Shari

OldeAnniePrimitives said...

Sheri, what a wonderful trip! Sounded like so much fun. I would have LOVED to have tagged along. Been a long time since I've been to Fancy Gap. My next trip to NC, I'll have to head that way! ~~Annie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Their store looks wonderful...glad you had a good time. Love the strainers you bought too:)
Rondell

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a fun trip and you came home with some wonderful goodies!! The scenery was magnificent too. Love the mountains.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day,
hugs, Linda

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Shari,
I'm so glad you got to go to Crockett's! Their shop looks wonderful...oh such beautiful scenery.
Karen

Janene said...

What wonderful things you came home with!
I love the repo sifters...I hope to make some like this very soon!
Great scenery photos!