Friday, September 12, 2008

Gasoline Prices

First of all, I would like to state that normally I would never say in public what I am feeling this late Friday evening. I usually just go with the flow.....but
Today, I went to Walnut Cove to re-stock my booth and during this short trip, gas prices increased in upwards of 50 cents per gallon. You know, I have tried to do my part and go along with the rising cost (experts explain it is still cheaper than bottled water). I have cut back on my trips to town and really plan my outings to include every errand that I can on any particular day, even staying home several days a week. But today, I just had a problem with the prices being in the $3.55 range early this morning and then this afternoon, $4.00 or more....the same gas in the underground tanks as yesterday, so why the price increase now??? And not to forget the lines of folks waiting to get into the stations to spend $4.00 a gallon and be able to pump 10 gallons total. (A good idea, I think)
Okay, I said what I felt I needed to and if I stepped on any toes, I apologize. Let's all pray that Texas won't be hit as hard with Ike as they think and all the folks in the path will be safe.

Until next time.

Hugs and prayers,
Shari

1 comment:

In Primitive Thymes said...

I totally agree. I had heard gas prices were going up again. My daughter said she stopped and got 10 gallons of gas for the vehicles today and I thought she was nuts until she told me of places upwards of $5.00 a gallon and climbing. I'm sure we will see the increase here over the next few days.

Have a safe and happy weekend.
Nancy