Wednesday, February 11, 2009

1 (project) down, a bazillion to go................................

Hi Guys!
This whole week I have been spending a little time on projects from the garage. Hopefully, in a few more days, I will have everything dealt with. This morning, I decided that If I don't love it.....it's outta here!! No more packing up and shifting to another room. I have done this time and time again, but NO More! One day (maybe in the near future) I will be able to say that I LOVE everything in my house!! I have a ways to go before I can say that, but IT IS a nice thought!

This is one of my projects for the week that I found over the weekend, packed away and forgotten about. Just finished it up and Love, love, love how it turned it out! (he he) I will be keeping this one for myself! I think he likes living on my little black table for now.

I missed it last week when everyone was posting about their blog space. I meant to do it, just never got around to it. So....here it is! this is my SPACE! I share it with no one! A little corner in my Living Room, with a yard sale desk that took me a year to paint and a screen that has been in my garage since Aug. ( Imagine that!) I'm not sure that I am keeping the 4 panel screen here or moving it to another spot. It's really a neat piece, but it takes up a little more than I thought it would! LOL!!

I think I am way too tired to do anything else today, so....

Until next time.

Hugs,

Shari

10 comments:

Sherie said...

Shari, great job on the swan. I too have a two car garage that only fits on. When the weather warms up for good I am going to tackle it and to three pile it is my goal, toss, yard sale or Goodwill. Thanks for giving me a boost to get started. Soon, Sherie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'm looking for a desk like yours only smaller...I'll probably have Stush build it though:) Love yours and the swan is so pretty!
Rondell

Gayle said...

Looks good! Can you tell me where you got that little three-legged tower that is on the floor next to your computer desk? I've been wanting something like that!
Gayle
dyeing2hook@msn.com

basketsnprims said...

Great space for your computer and I love your swan. I'm doing the same thing. I keep moving stuff into another room but this year ~ it's outta here, LOL. Yard sale and Goodwill. Have a great week.
Pam

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shari said...

Thanks guys!

Hey, Gayle,
The tower thingy came from a local country/prim store. It was one of the first things I bought when I moved into my house, around 9 years ago. But, believe it or not, I know she still had one several months ago. I'm going by there (on other business) today and she if she has one...

Pam, I can't tell you how good it feels to finally deal with "STUFF". The clutter is getting weeded out! LOL!!

Hugs,
Shari

My Colonial Home said...

Gorgeous Swan! I see so many of them in the shops but haven't purchased one yet....someday.

Love your work space and I wouldn't move the screen - it works quite well there and if you wanted you could prim it up with hanging pictures or something from it....staggering them.

Oh and I can feel the purging coming on when I read about all of you cleaning out and tossing...I'm needing to do it. I could have a rummage sale and make a killing with the stuff in my basement...lol

Karen

My Colonial Home said...

AFTERTHOUGT....

We should all have a day set aside for a BLOG RUMMAGE SALE....sometime towards late Spring.

We could really get rid of lots of our wonderful things.

We could say we want the item, then the one selling it could send a Paypal invoice for it with shipping and Walla...SOLD!

Karen

angiesraggedypatch said...

The hubby and I spent an entire weekend cleaning out the garage and making shelves to at least get my "treasures" off the floor. It is so wonderful to be able to move aorund out there, we could park in there, but were so used to NOT being able to, neither one of us has yet LOL!

~LOOOOOOOVED the swan! Is it wood or muslin?~

hugs~
angie

Shari said...

Karen, what a wonderful idea! Let's see if we can't pull this off later in the Spring. It would be loads of fun, I bet!


Angie, the swan is actually made of resin. Wish you could see it in person.....The picture doesn't really do it justice.
And I would love to put some shelves in my garage. There is lots of wasted space along the walls, perfect for storage and plastic tubs. And you know, I don't really know why we haven't thought of it before. We have walls that are already there and painted. Just think of all the goodies that I (could and) would have if I had shelves to store "STUFF" on....Right now, I use assorted tubs all over my house for storage. I blame Rubbermaid for making it so easy to save "STUFF" over the years. LOL

Hugs,

Shari