Saturday, February 7, 2009

A beautiful day in the neighborhood.........

HAPPY SATURDAY Y'ALL!
We had an almost perfect day in K-ville today! It was bright, sunny and warm, not a typical February day at all. Short sleeves and flip flops were acceptable! This is the kind of day where you couldn't stay in the house if you tried. I cleaned out some junk in the garage while Hubby washed and cleaned up all the cars. It is so amazing to me the treasures that I have saved over the years and kept packed away in boxes. There were things packed up out there that I don't even remember where they came from. Just know that I couldn't ever seem to part with them.
I found lots of frames that I can use for stitcheries along with some rusty springs, candleholders, wood boxes and trays. It was actually kind of exciting....I have moved this stuff from all over, thinking that I might need it sometime. Well, maybe now is the time to use it or lose it.
This is one of the things I found today...another piece that my Dad found somewhere along the way, junkin' or maybe a yard sale...It needs to be cleaned up with lemon oil or something. But it's in really good shape. And I have somewhere to put it. Yipee!
And look what was inside......lots of old cigarette lighters and a tray thingy from Japan. What an interesting combination!

And then in another box, I found this resin swan that I have had for probably 10 years and never finished..........until now. I may actually do this tonight. I have worked on orders all day in between my cleaning and I have the perfect little spot for him.

Well, that's about it for now. I think I will start on my swan and watch a Hallmark movie.............

Until next time.

Hugs,

Shari







No comments: