Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Cold, SNOwY Sunday


On the first day of March, we are getting SnOw!

After waiting all day for the snow to start, I had just about given up on it. It has rained just about all day! But, a little after 8:00 the flakes started coming down. Our cars sitting in the drive are covered and it is sticking on our sidewalks and streets now. We could possibly get several inches before it's over. I'm glad that I don't have to get out first thing in the morning. It will be pretty nasty regardless! I have no plans for tomorrow except to work on orders! And hubby says he can work at home if necessary...

This is one of the things I have made today...I love, love, love birds and have been wanting to make one for me for a long time and just haven't gotten around to it. But, I saw this one yesterday from Rock River Stitches and fell in love with it. I had to have the pattern and got started on it right away. It turned out pretty good, I think.

Dark blue calico bird pin-keep with painted felt strawberry.

Here's another one of my projects for this week.

I finished up the prairie doll yesterday to use with my re-designed bowl shelf. I decided to put a painted plate, berries and some of my spools in it for a while. Right now, I have it sitting on my little black table instead of my kitchen counter. Not sure where it will end up, but I like the looks of it, so I'll find a spot for it.

~MINI UPDATE~

Walnut Cove is scheduled to re-open March 7th, 2009.

AND

We can move in our NEW craft booth anytime now.

I gotta run for now....Brothers and Sisters is coming on and it is a special 2 hour movie tonight.

Until next time.

Hugs,

Shari

3 comments:

Sherie said...

Shari, great job on your bird. I just saw the sample at Rock River Stitches blog. Can you believe the snow on the first of March. Can't wait to see your spot at the antique mall in Greensboro. I have been reading blogs all evening and had to look at my DVR to make sure I am recording Brothers and Sisters. Yup sure am. Have a good evening. Sherie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the bird... he turned out great!

I watch Brothers & Sisters too but missed the preveiws for next week:(

The snow missed us, thanks goodness, but it is just 22* here instead.
Have a great day.
Rondell

Sandra said...

Hi Shari,
Well, we just finished having a terrible 2 day blizzard up here in northern Minnesota - you couldn't see 2 feet in front of your face with the fierce winds and snow. We normally just keep going about our business when it snows - but not this time - everything had to shut down. So much for signs of Spring here for a while - sigh!
Love your bird!
Sandra