Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Favorite Finds

This is one of my most favorite finds!

This vintage bread box was another great piece found by my Mom & Dad at a yard sale or thrift store. I had to re-do it in my color to match my kitchen, but it was time well spent! I had to strip it down, paint it burgandy, sand it & antique it to look old. That wasn't an easy task with the louvered door. It looks fabulous sitting in the corner with some other handmades.

The glass behive jar is actually a really cool oil lamp. The olde crowe is one of my creations, as is the heart quilt & shelf sitter blocks. The metal embossed square came a vender in Walnut Cove. I love the way it all goes together.

That's it for today...TGIF!!

Hugs,

Shari

1 comment:

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Shari, I love what you did the the box....really looks great.
I love all the other things shown with it too.
Karen